March 5th, 2021
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
This afternoon, a meeting of the Emergency Operations Centre was held to assess the evolving COVID-19 situation. The Lanark, Leeds & Grenville Health Unit are seeing a significant increase in cases in our area.
The EOC made the proactive decision to protect its staff and the public by approving the following measures which may impact you:
- Township office will close as of Monday, March 8th until further notice to protect office staff, the Public Works department, and the Montague Fire Department from the new variants of COVID-19 and the spike in cases. Staff are available Monday to Friday between the hours of 9:00AM to 4:30 PM by phone and email. Staff continue to facilitate contactless pickup for garbage tags, dog tags and building permits. Please call the office to arrange payment options and pickup.
- Water and tax bills can be paid online, at your nearest bank or through the drop off box at the Township office by cheque.
- The Public Works Department workers will continue to provide services on the roads – however we encourage all members of the public to call in their concerns and not approach workers on the road.
- Essential services such as OPP, Fire, Public Works, By-law Enforcement, Building Inspection, garbage and recycling will continue to be provided for the safety and well-being of our residents.
- Rosedale Hall will close until further notice. This step is being taken to reduce the risk posed by gatherings.
The Township will continue to monitor the situation as it evolves and take direction from the Federal government, Provincial government, and Health Unit. As always, we encourage all residents to be prudent and follow the directive from the Health Unit on how to protect themselves and their family.
Please continue to monitor the Township’s website and Facebook for further announcements.