This morning, a meeting of the Emergency Operations Centre was held to assess the evolving COVID-19 situation. The Provincial and Local Health Authorities are taking significant steps to limit the transmission of the COVID-19 virus including recommendations to limit the spread through communities.
The EOC made the proactive decision to protect its staff and the public by approving the following measures which may impact you:
- Closure of all Township-owned facilities to the public effective immediately, including
- Township Hall – staff can be reached by email or phone
- Rosedale Hall – all rentals and events are currently suspended
- The Public Works Department workers will continue to provide services on the roads – however we encourage all members of the public to call in their concerns and not approach workers on the road
- The EOC will be reassessing the closure on April 5th, 2020
- All regularly scheduled Advisory Committee meetings will be cancelled until April 5th, 2020 and will be re-assessed at that time
- The Regularly scheduled Committee of the Whole of March 17th, 2020 will be cancelled. As of now, the Council meeting will continue and be open to the public. The Township is reviewing options to provide livestreaming of this meeting to reduce the need for the public to attend
The Township will continue to monitor the situation as it evolves and take direction from the Federal government, Provincial government and Health Unit. As always, we encourage all residents to be prudent and follow the directive from the Health Unit on how to protect themselves and their family. The Township Emergency Operations Centre will be meeting again on Monday March 23rd to reassess the evolving situation.
Essential services such as OPP, Fire, Public Works, By-law Enforcement, Building Inspection, garbage and recycling will continue to be provided for the safety and wellbeing of our residents.
For any payments owing to the Township, options include online or telephone banking, mailing a cheque to the Township Hall or dropping a payment off in the mail slot at the office. Township staff will be happy to assist you with alternative options for services such as garbage tags, dog tags and other municipal services.
Please continue to monitor the Township's website and Facebook for further announcements.